If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident that was caused due to the fault of a company or person, you have the right to recover money damages for the injuries and the pain and suffering caused by those injuries. At the law firm of Hilley & Frieder, P.C., we represent clients throughout metropolitan Atlanta, GA, and the surrounding areas of Georgia in all types of personal injury claims whether the injury occurred on the road, in a store, a parking lot, a hotel or any other location.
After your injury, the insurance company will call you saying that it wants to investigate the claim so you will receive a settlement. The insurance company employee will tell you that the company needs a medical authorization and a recorded statement from you so that it can pay your claim.
Do not believe that the insurance employee works for you. His insurance company pays him to pay you less than you deserve and his investigation is to help his company. The insurance company is not concerned with your long-term health and well-being. It is concerned with getting out of your case as cheaply as possible. Before you agree to anything, talk to one of our Atlanta personal injury attorneys first.
A few years ago our office was hired to represent a man who had been struck while he was walking across the street in a crosswalk. The insurance company told him he was not in the cross walk and instead claimed that he had stepped out into moving traffic. When we reviewed the police report, it showed 2 witnesses listed. One of the listed witnesses claimed that our client had stepped out into the moving traffic. It turned out that the witness was a close friend of the daughter of the driver that struck our client.
When we contacted the other witness, he stated that our client was clearly in the crosswalk and the light was red for the car that hit him. The witness said that when he told the insurance company investigator what had happened the investigator told him he was wrong and hung up on him.
We had to file suit to get the full policy limits from the insurance company. It paid the money when its lawyer heard the testimony of the excluded witness. It is also interesting that the driver that hit our client had cataract surgery 2 weeks after he ran over our client. Left to the insurance company our client would have gotten nothing.
Resolving Your Personal Injury Claims Effectively
Since 1976, the people of Georgia have turned to us to level the playing field between themselves and insurance companies. Our entire practice is dedicated to helping injury victims obtain the justice they deserve, and you can count on us to pursue every available option in an effort to get you the compensation you deserve.
Our Atlanta personal injury lawyers represent clients in all types of serious injury accidents, including ones involving:
- Automobile accidents: We assist victims of distracted driving accidents and all types of car or truck collisions.
- Motorcycle accidents: Cars frequently fail to see motorcycles. If you were hit by a negligent drive while on your motorcycle, we can help get you the compensation you need to move forward in your life.
- Premises liability: From falls on business property to falling items in stores, our attorneys help clients who have been injured due to the negligence of a property owner.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents: As a pedestrian or bicyclist, you have rights to the use of the road that need to be protected. If you were hurt on a sidewalk, crosswalk or while traveling down the street, speak with a lawyer regarding your options for compensation.
- Nursing home neglect: Our loved ones deserve the proper care and attention from medical professionals. When this care is not provided, legal claims arise.
- Injuries to children: Playground injuries, swimming pool accidents and injuries caused by animals are just a few of the cases we can litigate for our clients with children who have been hurt through another's negligence.
We also help survivors who have lost a loved one due to another's actions. A wrongful death claim can help you recover financially, so you can focus on healing your family emotionally.
Schedule Your Free Consultation With Our Atlanta Attorneys
To schedule a free consultation with our law firm, please contact us today at 404-233-6200.
Mia Frieder was the contributing attorney to this content.