A partner at Hilley & Frieder, P.C., Mia Frieder focuses her practice primarily on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. From the firm's offices in Atlanta, Georgia, she provides representation to clients throughout the greater metropolitan area. Ms. Frieder is admitted to practice before all Georgia state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
In her personal injury and wrongful death practice, Ms. Frieder provides assistance to people who have suffered economic and noneconomic losses due to the negligence or recklessness of other persons or entities. She places a particular emphasis on surgical errors, hospital negligence, the failure to diagnose cancer or other diseases, and other forms of medical malpractice. Ms. Frieder has also handled cases involving premises liability and motor vehicle accidents. Throughout her career, she has been able to obtain several high-dollar settlements and jury awards on behalf of her plaintiff clients, and she has accordingly earned the high regard of her fellow professionals both for her successful track record and high degree of ethics. Ms. Frieder has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, she has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, and she has been selected for membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Ms. Frieder majored in philosophy at the University of Florida, and she received a Bachelor of Arts summa cum laude in 1987. She then went on to pursue her legal education at Emory University School of Law, where she served on the editorial board of the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal before being awarded her Juris Doctor in 1991. Her professional affiliations include the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Georgia, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1991
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- University of Florida, Miami, Florida
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Solo & Small Firm Success, The Harrison Co.
- Medical Malpractice in Georgia, Handling a Failure to Diagnose Breast Cancer Case, The Harrison Co.
- When Time Is Running Out, October, 2001
- Legally Speaking: Do You Have A Claim Against Your Doctor, Today's Atlanta Woman, Winter, 1997
- Selecting and Presenting a Failure to Diagnose Breast Cancer Case, American Journal of Trial Advocacy, February, 1997
- How to Handle a Failure to Diagnose Breast Cancer Case, May, 1996
- The Truth About Temping, (Cover Feature) Student Lawyer, American Bar Association, December, 1996
- A Career In Career Placement, Student Lawyer, October, 1996
- Trial-blazing Winning Campaigns, American Bar Association, Vol. 23, No. 3.
- Going Solo, Vol. 23, No. 2., Summer, 1996
- Charting Your Course: Joining Your Family Firm, Barrister, Vol. 23, No. 2., Summer, 1996
- Whistle While You Work: Understanding Corporate Culture, Barrister, Vol 23, No 1., Spring, 1996
- Law Degree: Preferred But Not Required, Barrister, Vol. 22, No. 4., Winter, 1996
- Interview with a Headhunter, Barrister, Vol. 22, No. 4., Winter, 1996
- Graduated Payments, Student Lawyer, Creighton University Law School, February, 1994
- Creighton University Law School, Winter, 1992
- A Matter of Choice: A Bar Review Revue, Student Lawyer, March, 1992
- Not Ready for Reality, Student Lawyer, May, 1992
- The Most Powerful Trap, Student Lawyer, November, 1991
- When Time is Running Out - Delayed Diagnosis Breast Cancer, 1991
Honors and Awards
- Award of Merit
- SuperLawyers Designation, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Chair, Lawyers in Practice, Communications Committee, 1992 to 1993
- Dekalb Bar
- The American Society of Legal Advocates, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Shop with a Cop - Dekalb Police Department
- Law Day - Dekalb Bar Association