Defective Pathways And Parking Lots Lawyer
Pathways and parking lots provide convenience in helping us go about our everyday lives, and can be found in many different locations, such as public areas, shopping centers and apartment buildings. However, when the owners of these properties do not keep them well-maintained and safe for use, they can be dangerous.
At Hilley & Frieder, P.C., our defective pathway attorneys help injured victims in the Atlanta area and throughout the state of Georgia seek compensation from negligent property owners.
Have you been injured by a defect in a pathway or parking lot? Contact one of our skilled accident lawyers to schedule a free initial consultation.
The law specifies that property owners should keep their premises in good shape and that certain safety measures must be in place. However, some owners fail to follow these regulations. Common hazards involving pathways and parking lots include:
- Stairways that do not have railings or have individual stairs that are not consistently the same height
- Elevators in public places where there is a gap between the floor and the elevator
- Ramps that are not built or maintained properly
- Sidewalks and walkways that have deteriorated over time. When these areas are exposed to weather conditions, curbs may become broken or debris may be present. Tree roots may also poke through the surface of these areas, forming a tripping hazard.
- Foundations or pathways that do not meet zoning codes regarding elevation and are uneven
- Areas that are poorly lit, making it difficult to see
If an obvious hazard is present and the owner is aware of it, but fails to correct it or does not provide proper signage to warn you about it, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt. A claim against the property owner may help you obtain money to assist in covering your medical bills, lost wages, and any pain and suffering caused by your injury.
Our Attorneys Are Available Any Time
Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our experienced Atlanta defective pathway lawyers. During your first consultation, we will answer your questions and help you understand your options after a serious injury. You can also call us at 404-795-6099.