Atlanta’s Injury Advocate For Over 35 Years

  1. Home
  2.  – 
  3. Workers’ Compensation
  4.  – What If My Employer Fires Me?

Getting Workers’ Comp Benefits After Termination

Even if you are fired after filing a work comp claim, you can still receive benefits. However, your employer can assert that it terminated you for other reasons, denying you the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve.

Situations such as the one described above can present complex legal issues. If you have been fired after you filed your workers’ compensation claim, it is important to speak with an experienced attorney.

Hilley & Frieder, has extensive experience in Atlanta work injury cases. We vigorously protect our clients’ rights, working hard to help them get all of the medical, lost wage and disability benefits they are entitled to.

Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.

Looking For Work In Georgia After An Injury And Termination

“As an injured worker, you have rights. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that your case is lost before talking with us.” — Ronald L. Hilley

If an administrative law judge determines that you were fired due to your disability and not for another reason, you can get the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve. However, you must show through positive actions on your part that you were willing to work and that you actively looked for work. Keeping a detailed record of how much time you devoted to a job search, what potential employers you approached, and the kind of jobs you applied for can help in this regard.

Filing an unemployment claim can also be very helpful. In addition to providing interim income, it can support your case by showing that you are undertaking a consistent job search effort.

Our work comp lawyers can explain what constitutes a job search and advise you regarding this issue. We can also initiate a workers’ compensation appeal. Hilley & Frieder, P.C., will work diligently to protect those rights at every stage of the legal process.

Contact Our Firm

For a free consultation and answers to your workers’ comp questions, contact Hilley & Frieder, P.C., in Atlanta, Georgia by email or by calling 404-795-6099.

Attorney Mia Frieder Sitting In Office